Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tamarind Chicken Drumsticks

The HG bought some chicken drumsticks at the supermarket and instead of doing my usual honey/soy/sweet chilli style marinade, I decided to have a go at something new with my new favourite flavour, tamarind.

These drumsticks were delicious for dinner but even better cold the next day for lunch - great picnic food!



Tamarind Chicken Drumsticks
Ingredients
8-10 chicken drumsticks
4-5 T tamarind paste
Juice of 1 large lemon
1/2 t ground star anise
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1.  Mix all ingredients together and then rub over the chicken and leave to marinade for a minimum of 2 hours.

2.  Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked and juices run clear.

I served the chicken with a rustic, chunky guacamole, which worked nicely with the tartness of the chicken.  It is also worth noting that the tamarind paste I used, was bought made up in a jar - possibly the 'bricks' of tamarind that you rehydrate to make your own paste are stronger in flavour?  As I'm new to using tamarind I'm not sure if there is a difference in flavour or not.





No comments:

Post a Comment